Author: Amber Butcher-www.primalmom.com
- 2 organic sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed in small pieces)
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 lb natural ground pork sausage
- 1/2 lb bacon: chopped (minimally processed: no sugar added, uncured)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In an oven-proof dish, add the cubed sweet potatoes, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage. Set aside
- Cook the bacon pieces. Set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are done, add the cooked sausage and the cooked bacon and mix together. You may cook the mixture an additional 10 minutes, but it is not necessary. This additional 10 minutes, crisps the mixture.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container. Refrigerate.
Optional: You can add other ingredients, to taste: peppers, onions, apples, etc.