1/2 C Dried Black Elderberries
7 C Water
1/2 C Fresh Ginger Root
1 T Ground Cinnamon
1 T Cloves
1 C Raw Honey (preferably local to your area!)
– Grate or finely chop ginger
1. In a large pot, over medium heat, add elderberries, water, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
2. Bring to boil, then cover and simmer 45 minutes
3. When done, mash and strain berries into a new bowl. Berries will leave behind a thick paste. Discard berries and other ingredients.
4. Add honey to elderberry water and mix well.
5. Store in mason jars! Syrup can remain in fridge, for 2-3 weeks. You can freeze for 6-9 months.